Yucky... I'm sitting here feeling all sticky and nasty. I just finished working out and that combined with the humidity from the outside that's seeping in I just feel geee-roooossss. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm too lazy to post a picture this time, but it's been so long since I've last posted that I felt like I needed to do something.
I really don't have much to say. My life has been kind of boring lately. I've just been studying and testing.
Oh, I did see "The Village" and I have to say I enjoyed it. I've actually loved all of M. Night Shyamalan’s movies. He really is influenced by old classic movies (especially Hitchcock) which are some of my most favorite films. I think movies today have been too over edited - the length of a camera shot nowadays must be only like 3 seconds. Older movies (and Shyamalan's) extend the length of a camera shot and to me I think it really enhances your movie going experience - you feel as if you’re in the movies "world." I mean, in real life you don't move your eyes around as fast as an MTV video would suggest - you could and sometimes do, but usually to soak up your surroundings you move your eyes around slowly and study as much as you can.
Actually, now that I’ve written my thoughts down I think to more clearly articulate my point I should say that in order to have a deeper more meaningful connection to anything you need to spend more time with it. You could run through an art museum and think to yourself, “That was cool.” But, if you went through it and studied each piece of art learning the history and background of the piece and the artist you would enjoy what you had seen much more. The problem is that most people are too lazy or apathetic to spend the required time – myself included.
My point is, I feel that a movie that extends the length of its shots cause the viewer to be more deeply involved. The biggest problem with the extended scenes is that, probably, for most movies, the drawn out scenes would drive you insane – I mean, if the movie’s story isn’t all that entertaining you’d get bored so quick. But, let’s face it, it must be much easier to make a movie without as much story or character as it is to make a movie with MTV film styling and special effects.
Of course, I’ve never made a movie. So, my opinion is just complaint. I should probably just be disregarded because if I were to make a movie I’d probably find myself shortening my scene lengths and adding computer effects – cause my characters and storyline would probably suck.
So, yeah, I liked “The Village.”
I espeically liked the soundtrack.
No comments:
Post a Comment