

First off, I hope the I spelled immortal corretly... no spell check on my camera phone :-(
Thought I should post some pictures of my latest hobby, origami ikebana. Japanese paper folding flower arranging. The rose pictured is made from a couple wires, floral tape for wrapping the stem, a piece of paper to make the leaves, another small square to make the calyx, and one square to make the rose bud. i'm very pleased with the end result. i have been making this style of rose bud for a couple weeks now, but i didn't make a stem with leaves untill last Sunday when i made a rose with stem and leaves all from paper for my grandma Delores. i made the one pictured last night at about one in the morning... i am a bit of a night owl. The thing that makes me ok with spending so much time on making a single flower is that this flower will never die.
No comments:
Post a Comment