9/08/2008

Our Special Robbie is not suffering anymore

Robbie passed away at 530 PM today surrounded by his entire family. He had to be revived multiple times and his little body was just giving out from all the accumulated trauma. The nursing and doctor staff were so good at doing all they could until there was no more to do. Marla was by his side through all his struggles and she made all his difficulties softened with her constant tenderness. I could write for pages of the great love and sweetness that Rob and Marla shared. Rob passed away peacefully and is now free from continued pain and difficulties. We thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts - they have been so appreciated.

We will try to post more when we get a chance.

Thank you all again, we love you all.

Rob's Dad

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shrub,

I wouldn't put it past you to find a way to update us from the other side. I guess that's why I'm here and am somehow expecting an update. How I miss you already.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. There is a comfort in knowing that we will see him again, free of all of his pain and suffering. I had to explain to the kids that our friend went to heaven to be with Jesus because they were wondering why I was crying(always so nosy) and Cambrey said don't worry mama heaven is a wonderful place. Rob will always hold a special place in the hearts of our family as will you Marla. The kids know him because of the dancing video he made that is there favorite. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers as you travel the difficult road ahead. We love you! Marla if you need anything please call.

Trudi, Quay, Cambrey, Izabella, and Penelope.

Anonymous said...

We will all miss and cherish the moments that we had with shrubba. He was greeted with open arms from his Nanny Hogan. He is free from pain, and is trying to get used to his new massive pectorals muscles that he has in his eternal body. No longer is he held confined in his mortal body. We will miss him dearly, but we will see him again. Marla definetaly has great love and devotion as she demonstrated it over and over again. We love and appreciate you Marla. (Mike Duncombe Family)

Stephanie said...

We love you all and our hearts go out to you at this time. May the Lord bless and comfort you.
Steph and Garrett

Keri said...

Wish there was more we could say than we are so very sorry for your loss. We pray you will find the strength to get through this next really difficult time.
Love, Keri, Ez, Alexis, David, Lily, Joe, and Evelyn

slsentinel said...

Hey Rob...Thank You for all you are. I glad to know you. Many of my happiest memories are with you and your family. Good luck in all the missions Heavenly Father has for you. Take care and good luck Friend.

Ben Christ

Anonymous said...

I consider myself among those who were lucky enough to know Rob while he was here. I can only imagine the great work he has ahead of him where he is now.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Marla, the Hogan & Gardner families-

My thoughts & prayers are with you all during this very difficult time. I never was fortunate enough to have met Rob, but he sounded like a truly amazing person.

Andrew Allgaier said...

Rob will be greatly missed. I only knew him for what felt like moments, but I loved him like my own cousin. I can picture him designing an incredible race track that he'll take us on once we join him on the other side.

Pace said...

God be with you, and we'll be praying that the sting of death be swallowed up in Christ's resurrection. Much love

Unknown said...

Marla,

I'm so sorry and saddened to hear about Rob's passing. I wish there was something better I could say to ease the pain. Rob was a genuinely wonderful person who made the perfect companion for you. I'll never forget when you first introduced me to him years ago. I'll be continuing to pray for you and all of your family to find the strength you will need. Please call me if you need absolutely anything at all. I love you very much!

Jennifer

meagan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meagan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Marla, Denise, Mike & all:

Rob was a great man with a special spirit and his spirit is now teaching all the great Plan of Salvation of our Heavenly Father!

Know that we are here and can come at a moments notice!

Love,
Annette & Clark Thompson

Anonymous said...

Dear Marla, Hogan and Gardner Family,

We were sorry to hear about the passing of Rob. Our thoughts and prayers are with you dring this time. As I thought about Rob, one special event entered my mind - his marriage to Marla. We had the opportunity to attend this special event at the Nauvoo Temple. What a wonderful time and it is in remembering this event that peace and joy can enter one's heart. It is because of this event, the eternal sealing of two special spirits that the sting of death is greatly diminished. Rob will be greatly missed but we suspect that he will continue to have joy in his journey. Take care.
Barb and Jim, Waterbury,Vermont

Anonymous said...

Rob is one of the sweetest people I've ever known in my life. He lights up a room with his smile. I feel honored to know him and your family. All of my love and support.

--Burke

Anonymous said...

Although I never had the opportunity to meet Rob this blog always put a smile on my face. My thoughts and prayers are with his family during this difficult time. Nevertheless, we can be glad that the suffering is over and the healing can begin.

Anonymous said...

Marla, Diane, Kent, Nicole, Ryan, Marie, the Hogan family and your close friends and acquaintances, please know how much we care and feel for your great loss at this time, all of us in our family think of you often since we heard that Rob was in the hospital again. A gentle and kind soul has left all of us behind but he's also left all of the pain and discomfort his poor body endured. People like Rob are few and far behind and many of us never know these individuals; if we're lucky a tiny bit of whatever makes them so special rubs off on us and helps us make it through this life. Our prayers and thoughts are with you all. Love, Aunt Jan

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and Prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Robbie. It has been an inspiration to follow his and Marla's struggle and see their strength. My prayers are with you all.

The Blaisdell Family said...

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Both Robbie and Marla are a great example to many!!! We pray for comfort and peace as you all work through this hard time. Much love to your family...

Your families will continue to be our thoughts and prayers for days to come.

Jaime Blaisdell & Family
(Marge & Ed Smith's daughter)

Unknown said...

Dear Marla, Hogan and Gardner Families,
I was so saddened to hear of Rob's passing. While I only knew Rob from a distance, I know that it took a very special man to win Marla's heart & hand.
Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Love,
Patty Houston

Unknown said...

Some say.., he drinks motor oil and his toilet is in the shape of a recaro seat..... all we know is, he's known as the Shrub.

we love man

sai

Anonymous said...

We are just praying for peace and comfort for all of you.


Jade and Ginger Warren

Brody's Mom said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We love you all so much.

Heather, Auntie Mare, Uncle Harry, Jason and family.

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. Rob couldn't have lived a more wonderful life than by being loved by you all.

Jennifer (Wahle) Bellows

Anonymous said...

My heart hurts knowing that I cannot pick up the phone and call my Scrubba. I enjoyed knowing him so very much. I have and will always feel honored to have been able to call him my friend. Love you Scrubba and family.

Anonymous said...

Oh Honey, we'd just love to wrap you up in a huge hug! You and Rob's family are going through so much. I've never found the right words to help ease this wrenching sorrow - but know we love you and have thought about you all day. We'll miss Rob's quiet presence at our noisy family gatherings.

out of hibernation said...

Thank you for allowing us to share in Robbie's incredible journey, we have been blessed to be witness to the great love and support you all show each other. We love you all and are sending prayers of peace and comfort.
Love, Kari and the kids (Jake, Tai, Nate, Ali, and Cait)

Jensen Family said...

Marla and the rest of the Hogan Family,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Rob is such a choice spirit and we are all honored and priveledged to call him our friend. He will be missed.

Eric and Jen Jensen

Melissa said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We pray for peace and strength for you and hope that you find some comfort in knowing you will be together again.

Nathan and Melissa Clark Family

Unknown said...

To All,

We love you and are keeping you in our prayers. I wish there were words to express how I feel and to take away the heartache that all who knew and loved Rob are feeling right now.

Our Sincerest Condolences,
Dave, Theresa, Linnea, Talia and Mara Hogan

Anonymous said...

Mike
I was so sorry to hear the sad news from Dave today. Robbie made an impression on me when we visited long ago and I will always remember him. My thoughts are with you and the family. May you find peace in the knowledge that the pain you feel in your heart is a reflection of how much you loved and will always miss him.

Tarso

sware said...

My heart hurts for you all at this time. Although I didn't know Robbie very well he has touched my life through the life of his family. Thank you for your incredible examples of faith, love and courage. My prayers are with you all.
Love, Sarah Ware

carlyl said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Be strong and remember the Lord is there and will help carry you through this. We are praying for you all. Jen I love ya girl.

Carly Larsen

Anonymous said...

The Hogan Family.

Truely sorry to hear of the passing of Rob. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend and wanted you let you know that your family will be in my thoughts. You know Rob is riding around in a sports car somewhere in heaven.

Ryan & Elissa Bleess and Family

Anonymous said...

Marla, I am so sorry about this. We will keep you and the Hogans in our thoughts and prayers. We hope for the best for you during this time, that you will be able to remember all of the good times you had with Rob.

Anonymous said...

To The Hogan and Gardner Families,
I'm sorry for your great loss. I only met Rob a couple of times but his quiet spirit made an impression on me. And anyone who can replicate the pac-man video game graphics on a chalkboard must have been someone special. May love and light pour down upon you.
Much love,
Audrey Olsen

Anonymous said...

Dear Marla, Hogan and Gardner Families,

We are so sorry for your loss and will keep you in our prayers.

Linda & Tom Nesbitt