7/01/2004


I went camping in my parent's yard with my niece and nephew last night. This is a picture of them. I didn't have my camera with me last night, so this is a picture of them when our family went out to Nauvoo.

We started out by watching a couple episodes of "The Muppets" on DVD. Then we brushed our teeth and climbed into the tent. It was pretty hot and humid out - but I figured it wouldn't matter that much. Nat and Bito (nicknames) wanted me to read them a book so we did that until (after about four pages) Bito said he was going to sleep. So, then we hopped into our beds and said our prayers.

Things were going well (expect that my blankets felt damp from the humidity) until Bito started playing with his flashlight. I finally coaxed him into turning it off; but, then he kept talking. (I could have sworn that he wanted to go to bed!) After threats of taking him into "grandma and grandpa's" the house he quieted down for a while.

After a couple minutes Bito started wrestling around. He couldn't sleep well - he said his four inch foam mattress was "bumpy." I asked if he wanted to go inside - "yes" he replied. I took him in and put him to bed then came back out to the tent - Nat was asleep. After a few minutes of dealing with uncomfortable sheets I dozed off. My "sleep" lasted about an hour - I woke up, feeling damp and uncomfortable.

Finally, I decided that it sucked outside and that my bed at home was calling me. I tried to wake up Nat, but she was sound asleep. I picked her up and carried her into the house. After that I went to my house, showered, and jumped into a real bed. Ah!!!!

In the morning my parents said that Nat was crying a bit because she didn't know where she was.

I think I enjoy camping but on nights like last night I it sucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your website. This might sound kind of weird, but I really felt the spirit seeing the pictures and reading your thoughts about each pic. Thanks for your creative eye and kind thoughts. :)

p.s. your a punk still. :)

Brian Hogan said...

What? (I'm so confused)