At about 8:00 Melissa and Mom walked over to visit with Rob. Half hour later Marla and I walked over. When we got their the nurses were re-tapeing his mouth tube. When finished, Rob gave the thumbs up. We talked to him a little bit and then sat down and told him to let us know if he needed anything. So we sat. It was kind of boring - we forgot to bring music or games. Luckily, Rob signaled for us after 5-10 minutes. He wanted a rag from a closet for his mouth.
One of the nurses told us that the ventilator uses warmed air which was probably why Rob always feels so hot. Marla massaged his feet while I held the fan. Rob kept adjusting the bed (the back up and down) which caused his blood pressure to raise a little. Once the nurse told him that we needed to keep his blood pressure down Rob seemed to focus and relax a little more. I would occasionally tell him his blood pressure and that seemed to help give him focus. Rob is very number oriented. We were wishing that Rob's monitors could face him - I think he'd love knowing his inner stats.
When Mom and Melissa were there with Rob they said he asked for dad to come visit him. Marla and I stayed for about an hour and then dad came and took our place. Dad brought over his iPod so he'll probably stay with Rob for a while.
Rob's doing well. You can tell he's annoyed with the breather and all the other cords going this way and that, but he's recovering well and is being patient (especially considering that he's been in there for over a week now. He asked for the time, date, and day of the week while we were there). Marla bought Rob a stuffed kitten and that seems to keep Rob company and keeps his mind off the annoyances.
Melissa, Marin, and I are leaving for home tomorrow. It was kind of a bummer not to be able to play multiplayer games with Rob, but I'm sure we'll have plenty of time when he comes back home.
Landon and Jen are trying to figure out what they're going to do. Looks like they won't be able to go back to New Orleans anytime soon. Landon's waiting to hear from his school. He may be going back to Utah until things get figured out.
No comments:
Post a Comment