7/25/2008

And the winner is...

The number I counted for my pencils was 1050! The winner of the contest is my cousin Keri with a guess of 1031. I will be sending you a prize soon. Nice job! Thank you all for your guesses! I have put everyone in order. I figured if you were over, I subtracted how far you were away. Rob is currently trying to figure out a new contest for this website. More to come!
1. Keri and family-1031
2.Emily- 987
3.Uncle Rich- 1145
4.My Dad-1275
5.Bito- 800
6. Jen T-748 1/2
7.Cameron- 743.3
8. Nicole- 702
9. Nat-700
10. Stacey- 644
11. Denise-642
12. Geralyn-597
13. Melissa- 592
14. Cody- 591
15. Michael Scott- 557
16. Andrea and Brett- 499
17.Jennifer (fer fer) 475
18. Brian- 315

I thought I would include some interesting things that I found while counting.

I have 14 different shaped pencils

35 movie related pencils
22 Ben and Jerry's pencils
36 Vermont pencils
18 New York
40 from outside the United states
11 Marla pencils (5 actually say Maria, my dad filled in the i)
8 Macintosh related pencils

I also learned that I only need 17 more states and then I will have at least one pencil from each of the states. The states I need are the following:
Oregon
Idaho
Montana
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Mexico
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Mississippi
Louisiana
Alabama
Georgia
South Carolina
West Virginia
Delaware
Connecticut
Rhode Island

The pencil from the farthest away is from New Zealand, Thanks to my friend Jess!
I also have included a picture of my favorite pencils. It is the picture with the broom pencil in it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Keri!

Marla I did not know those pictures were of different pencils they looked the same LOL.

So if you double my answer by 2 ... I still don't win. ok Oh Well

Emily said...

So close, and yet...If you dad can figure out how to turn Brandon into Braden and Dylan into Dallin, he'll have my business!

Unknown said...

I was just in Idaho -- I may have gotten an Idaho Snowmobile pencil -- but did not see a straight Idaho pencil... hmmmnnn
I do have connections there though.

dad

Bob said...

Good job Keri! I'm so astounded that there were that many pencils.
And all I have to say is you have the sweetest dad to be collecting pencils with your name on it (or Maria's)...and filling in the i's for you. :-)
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I demand a recount!

Uncle Rich