I've got two funny stories about my nephew, who is about 4 years old. For one of them I was there to witness firsthand and the other was told to me by his father. I should mention: my nephew doesn't pronounce his S's very well, so when you read his voice quoted try to hear a cute child's voice who doesn't say his S's.
(1) My sister and brother-in-law brought their two children over to my place because I was going to have a slumber party with them. As soon as Bito (nickname) came in, wearing his Superman pajama's no less, he ran over to me and said, "Let's wehss'el." (which translated, means: Let's wrestle). So, we started playing around and I, of course, let him beat the crap out of me. [The picture above is from a previous day when all my family came over, but I figure its close enough to my story - plus, just look at how round and juicy those two bottoms are!] Anyway, I was face down on the ground and he was on top doing some kind of advanced wrestling move. He paused for a second and shouted, "Heem roller." I had no idea what he was saying so his sister told me, "He said, 'Steam roller.'" I laughed pretty hard because it was all just so adorable.
So, after Bito's macho display of power over me, I figured it was time I got up and started winning. But then, he found a way to hop on my back as I was on all fours - like a dog (or horse, or whatever). Now he's riding me like a horse, but then suddenly, he yells again, "Heem roller." This time I laughed with confusion, because it's a cardinal rule that you only steam roll when your enemy is laying down flat. I asked, "Steam roller? How are you going to do that, you don't have enough space." Next thing I see is Bito falling off my back in the mist of a heem-roller move all the while laughing and giggling. Of course, he didn't have a long way to drop and his tough little body handled the fall without any problems (remember those days?).
Now for story number:
(2) Apparently my sister, brother-in-law, Bito, and his sister were at a hospital looking at newborn babies. For awhile they watched one little baby in particular as it awkwardly cried and moved about inside its crib. Its little arms and legs trashed around in small little baby movements which looked jerky in nature. At that point, little Bito made the announcement that, "That baby is doin' the robot." My brother-in-law tells me they all laughed pretty solidly. We all wonder how Bito knew the robot.
Little kids are so cool. I want one.
No comments:
Post a Comment