So, here's the deal: I like to work out. Free-weights are my friends. For me it relives stress (not that I have much - I'm not even married yet (and I didn't mean that as a dog to women, I just meant that being married causes stresses because it's two people trying to live together, that's all)), plus ya gotta love the way it makes a person look. I'd venture a guess that I workout about 2-3 times a week; which, actually, isn't enough time to really bulk up. But, I get busy with work/school and sometimes am just not in an exercising mood.
I would, however, like to add about 20 pounds of muscle to my otherwise slender frame. But the problem with that is the amount of food I would have to eat in order to gain even a single pound. I weigh about 160 and have been at that weight (give or take 5 pounds) for about 5 years now. After having recorded my caloric daily intake and expenses I've realized that I would need to eat about 5-6 times a day and would have to max out with around 3000 calories. My average day of three meals only gives me about 2500 cals (and, that's pushing it for me).
My point is this: because it's so hard for me to gain weight, could it be equally hard or harder to lose weight?
I won't lie, I get fed up with people who complain about their weight but then (1) never exercise, and (2) never eat healthy food. Ahhh!!! It's like one of my pet-peeves (and I don't have that many: see below for a list of my pet-peeves). I mean, it's like never going to class and wondering why you failed the test. Or, it's like filling your car full with dirt and wondering why it won't run properly.
But, then, for those few folks who try their hardest and just can't change; those are the people my heart goes out for.
For the people who complain but don't do anything here's my advice: go run a triathlon or a marathon. Seriously. Probably a triathlon would be the best because they have ones you can do in much shorter times then it would take to run a marathon. Of course, there are short runs/walks (e.g. 5k, 10k, etc), but those are too short to really make a big difference.
Honestly, the only way I'm motivated to find time to exercise and eat healthy is because I'm afraid my next year's triathlon events would find me looking slow and ... um.... not fast. Plus, when you start wearing those really tight bike shorts you'll want to look good. I'm not there quite yet, but I'm sure I will be if I continue my goal of running at least two triathlons each year.
I probably end up sounding all cocky and stuff by writing this stuff (mostly because I don't have a good point). But, I guess this is kind of like my "testimony" of goals and good health.
As for my pet-peeves:
1) Out of shape people who complain without doing anything about it (as mentioned above).
2) Women who hyphenate their last name when they get married. (I'll probably get more comments on this one then anything - don't bother, though, I won't budge - I just think it's silly).
3) Movies where the hero is like god/superman (e.g. Mission Impossible 2, Tomb Raider), when they could easily make him/her look human (i.e. make a least one or two "human" mistakes) while still doing all he/she needs to succeed in his/her "mission".
4) People who don't let other people into their lane, while driving, when the person obviously needs to change lanes. (Rude drives are what I'm talking about. And, I'm not just talking about people who are rude to me. I get over that. I just get ticked when I see rudeness in drivers no matter who's involved.)
5) Stupid modern art. (I totally enjoy art in its various forms, but modern art that is offensive and/or just stupid annoys the crap out of me.)
6) People who sit and stare at stupid modern art and try to explain what the artist meant. (First off, how can you guess what the artist meant when the artist probably didn't even know himself (because the artist was either high and/or just looking for excuses to photograph/paint a naked lady), and second (and most importantly), who gives a crap - it's stupid modern art!)
See, I don't have that many!
2 comments:
I totally agree with you about the changing lanes thing. My biggest pet peeve is stupid drivers. Why is it so hard for people to grasp the concept of merging? "Guess what, you have to let people in!" I'm not saying that soneone has to let 4-5 cars go in front of them during traffic, but at least try to act like there's an awareness of the other cars around on the road.
My biggest pet peeve is people who think my butt looks big!
Post a Comment