It is 10:30 on Monday morning. Mom and I went to the hospital to see Rob at 8. He was happy to see us and put us to work massaging his back and feet. It is good that he can get some peace and enjoyment. He also asked if Marla was sleeping. We said she was probably up getting ready to come over but that we got first shift since she and her mom were there so late last night. She and Diane arrived a little after 9 and when Rob saw marla he just smiled and waved and motioned for her to come in his room. She is really great medicine for him. Denise and I left the room so they could have some alone time!!!!
He is so excited to get the trache in. I hope they can take him to surgery a little after noon. His surgeon has a seperate surgery this AM. He will still not be able to talk or eat right away. If he adapts well he will then be able to try to eat and drink. He will have to have the feeding tube reinserted after surgery and use that for awhile. He is soooooo hungry and thirsty. He is just dreaming of all sorts of things to eat and drink. He was laying on his side looking out into the nursing area and he saw the food cart. He just reached out and motioned like he wanted it rolled in. Denise got up and closed the curtain and said "Pay no attention to what is behind the curtain." He just smiled. He sure takes things in stride.
He was proud of himself this morning because he wrote that he had slept a little laying back with only 4 pillows. He says his lungs seem to be clearing and that he thinks he is gaining strength back. He is wondering when they will remove the chest tubes. I think they will see how he does the next day or two after his surgery. If he does not have any problems they should remove them. It will be great to have some mobility as the tubes, feeding line, and other IVs are removed. He can get a long flexible hose attached to the trache and he will be able to walk around his room if the other chest tubes, etc. can be dealt with.
A nurse that had been watching him during some of his altered state of mind, as a tough guy being held against his will, came in to see him. He had said some things to her that she was laughing about and Rob even remembered some and they had a good laugh together. She said he was welcome at any of her parties and that he is a funny guy.
I read an email from Kev and it is so great to hear from him. We feel the strength of his prayers on Rob's behalf. He is doing great in England and is enjoying serving the Lord. He is a great man and a real blessing to us all.
I am thankful that Brian is putting together a video for Rob and Marla. He is so gifted at that stuff. I really enjoy all his productions. I know that Rob and Marla are looking forward to seeing it.
I hope that Rob may add to the site today. He and Marla may even be doing something as I prepare this update. I need to run and get some keys copied and take care of some other little things. I will be back at the hospital around noon and hope to see Rob go into surgery and come out in a nice recovery mode. I think he will adapt to the trache pretty well.
Please keep up all the prayers for Rob, Stephanie and the babies, and Jon and Michelle as they get ready for their wedding day. We love you all and thanks again.
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment